I'm a full-stack web developer. I read a lot, watch movies, and play (and run) role-playing games. I used to make comics. Sometimes I write.
You can email me at: first name . last name AT gmail dot com (no spaces, all lower-case) or try Twitter or Instagram (@madinkbeard on both) or github (@derikb), though I rarely check any social networks at this point.
- Latest 8 posts at my Journal (2022-04-17)
- Version 2.1.1 of the online version of my rules light Western RPG, Hadleyville, is up now with NPC relationship mapping and a character sheet/page. Lots of web components in this one. (2022-02-06)
- Release v4 of my character-sheet-app app now renamed and set up to start handling more games than just 5e. See the new web version. The old version is still (for now) accessible at https://charsheet5e.derikbadman.com/ (2022-01-30)
- A review of Blocks by Oliver East at The Comics Journal (2021-09-21)
- I made a class (based on Wolfe's The Book of the New Sun) for Old-School Essentials, it's called the Executioner (free at itch.io). (2021-07-18)
- I posted a couple comics to my Instagram last week. Will find a place for them on this site soon. (2021-03-21)
- My review of some comics by Peony Gent at The Comics Journal (2021-01-07)
- My review of Ephameron's Us Two Together at The Comics Journal (2020-10-13)
- My review of Borja Gonzalez's A Gift for a Ghost at The Comics Journal (2020-10-06)
Projects (Current and Past)
- Journal (2019 - present) - an old school blog where I write about books, comics, movies, role-playing games, and whatever else I feel like. Updated sporadicaly, a bunch of posts at a time.
- GitHub - A bunch of code projects, mostly RPG related.
- Hadleyville - my rules light old west rpg (free to download).
- MadInkBeard (2004 - 2019) - Archived blog, mostly writings about comics, and some actual comics I did.
- Comic Viewer - Some of my printed comic zines in an online viewer I coded.
- Character Sheet App - An online character sheet that works offline (mostly for D&D 5e).
- Instagram - I post boring photos from my life.